The title is self-explanatory, and this is just a list of things I like, and think you might like. In no particular order:
- Game of Stacks.
- Her Knight in Faded Armour
Super duper recommended!
- The Calculator
It’s like Joss Whedon and Terry Pratchett had a baby.
- How to Tame a God
The first instalment of The Saga of Hug Fortress. So great.
Okay so I may have gone on a Loki Fanfic run
- My Little Mages
I like it.
- Event Horizon Book 1: Autumn’s Frontier
Though it has some annoying typos here and there, it’s pretty amazing.
- Joffrey From Game Of Thrones Is Replaced With Octavian From Rome
READ THIS. DO IT. DO IT.
- Of Princesses in Towers
This isn’t actually a fanfic… I think? I don’t know, it kind of skirts the line. But it’s not a book and I have to put it somewhere, so here it goes! It’s a fairy tale deconstruction and reconstruction!
- The Saga of Hug Fortress
Read at your peril. It is INCOMPLETE. That is the only real problem I have with this. I WANT MORE AND IT ISN’T COMING. I actually tracked down this writer, and it looks like no more will ever appear >_>.
- Saving the Best for Last
…I miss Pushing Daisies so much. I would re-watch it but then I would just be sad it’s done…
- 9 Strangely Arousing Things In Doctor Who
This one is really funny, guys.
- i’ll make the world (safe and sound for you)
This fanfic got me to read something in third-person present tense, people. This is my second-least favourite typically-used tense for fiction. I mean, I guess Hamilton already made me enjoy rap, so the characters and the ideas clearly have the power to make me less pedantic, but come on! Third-person present tense!
(note: It also makes no sense as Hamilton was weirdly gun-happy, but whatever…)
- The Dresden Omens
It has a weird ‘ship in the end(though hey, they actually kind of…), but other than that HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING.
- Handle With Care
Lots of fun! Buffy/Dresden!
- The Dresden Fillies: Strange Friends
- The Dresden Fillies: False Masks
THERE IS SO MUCH YES. I MEAN WHAT I MEAN MORE I MEAN YES.
- The Dresden Fillies: Great Power
Less fun than the first and second one, but still pretty great.
- The Master of Death
Super clever, super fun, and it has a lot of great little moments. It constantly says “then” instead of “than” though, so… be prepared.
- Plasmius: The Origins of Vlad!
Not as good as some of the other things I’ve recommended here before, but pretty fun
- A Different Fate
…What the..? I mean, on the one hand…. wow. On the other hand… huh? On the third hand… Wait, really? On the fourth hand… eesh… On the fifth hand… wow.
I read this whole thing in one sitting and shouted at the screen on multiple occasions. Make of that what you will. The denouement is good.
- Happy Birthday, Mr. Dark Lord; or They Think I’ve Lost My Mind
Just read it. It’s very short.
- What Once Was Lost Returned
Very… fitting? I liked it.
- The Mistborn Series, by Brandon Sanderson
- The Glamourist Histories, by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Contemporary Political Philosophy: An Introduction, by Will Kymlicka
- Introduction to Global Distributive Justice, by Chris Armstrong.
- Neurobiology of learning and memory – Rudy
- Making Sense in Psychology, by Margot Northey and Brian Timney.
- The Legal Subjection Of Men (1908)
- On Trial: The Soviet State versus “Abram Tertz” and “Nikolai Arzhak” Transklated, Edited and with an Introduction by Max Hayward (1966)
- Bioethics in Canada, edited by Charles Weijer, Anthony Skelton, and Samantha Brennan.
- What If, by Randall Munroe
- Hustlers, Harlots and Heroes, by Krista D. Ball
- What Kings Ate and Wizards Drank, by Krista D. Ball
- But What If We’re Wrong?: Thinking About the Present As If It Were the Past, by Chuck Klosterman
- A Room of One’s Own, by Virginia Woolf
- The Pleasure of Finding Things Out, by Richard Feynman
- Towards a Political Philosophy of Race by Falguni Sheth
- The Idea of Progress, by J. B. Bury
- On Booze, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- This One Sumer, by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
- El Principito, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The Rime of a Modern Mariner, by Nick Hayes
- The Just City, by Jo Walton
- The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Logicomix, by Alekos Papadatos, Apostolos Doxiadis, and Christos Papadimitriou.
- Bill The Galactic Hero, by Harry Harrison